Special one-time, tax-free, non-reportable payment
We are providing a one-time, tax-free, non-reportable payment of $600 to help Canadians with disabilities who are recipients of any of the following programs or benefits:
- holders of a valid Disability Tax Credit certificate,
- beneficiaries as at July 1, 2020 of:
- Canada Pension Plan Disability
- Quebec Pension Plan Disability Pension,
- Disability supports provided by Veterans Affairs Canada
If you are eligible but never applied for the Disability Tax Credit, or your certificate expired in 2019, you must do so by September 25, 2020.
Seniors who are eligible for the one-time payment for persons with disabilities would receive a total of $600 in special payments. The one-time payment to persons with disabilities would be adjusted to provide a top-up for eligible seniors, including:
- $300 for Canadians who are eligible for the Old Age Security pension and who received the one-time seniors payment of $300; or
- $100 for Canadians who are eligible for the Old Age Security pension and the Guaranteed Income Supplement or Allowances and who received the one-time seniors payment of $500.
Payments are expected to be issued beginning this fall.